View Single Post
      10-31-2023, 06:19 PM   #101
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

I had a 2014 M5 and recently had a 2020 M5. Now I have the S Plaid. For street use (not track) I like the handling of the Plaid. Not over the M5 but it handles fine. It is heavier but the center of gravity is low. I find it fun to drive beyond just straight line speed. The acceleration though is goddamn addicting. You get that feeling in your stomach that happens on amusement rides. I love the tech and I am cool with fewer buttons. The stereo is excellent and no major drop in quality over the B&W in my 20 M5.

I haven’t had any build issues except a paint correction that got fixed. I will get another Plaid when my lease is up in a bit over two years. I have only used my level 2 charger at home and have not road tripped it. It’s my daily.

I have had five V8s in a row over 15 years and I do not miss the sound. Don’t get me wrong, I still love the V8 sound. But different is good too. It is fun to use the acceleration of the car while also being stealthy and quiet and not drawing as much attention to myself doing it. It can also be nice to just have a quieter drive.

Totally cool with differing opinions on this. I am not going to get my feelings hurt, LOL, if others see this differently. Have fun with whatever you drive. If you are in this forum you likely enjoy driving.
Appreciate 1
jm490519.00