View Single Post
      10-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #34
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I don't really think Max needs a buffer. But Horner said a long time ago, that it's Checo's task to get the #2 position in the WDC, so that RB scores a 1-2. They have such a dominant car, that they want the WCC and 1+2 in WDC.

This year, Checo's luck is that there's a big fight for 2nd place going on, where depending on the time in the season, different teams make progress. So in the first part of the season you see ALO scooping up points, then HAM and MERC making progress and now NOR with Mclaren.
So those podium places that not fall to Checo, are being divided by at least 3 drivers, maybe 4.

But what if next year there is a clear #2 team, for example mclaren, just as there was last year (ferrari). Then the majority of those podium places will be scooped up by 1 (maybe 2) driver.
Can Checo couterattack that with his hit&miss performance?
Last year he couldn't, and that's why he's not a very good #2 driver.

I don't see one of the other teams getting a performance leap that big that they can challenge Max, but I do see a Checo Perez performing substandard for a 3rd year in a row....
From all the top teams, nowhere the #1-#2 driver gap is as big as at RB. Only Williams and AMR have this same situation, and yes, their 2nd drivers also suck...

Next years silly season is gonna be epic, with so many driver having their contract expired at the end of 2024, and that a RB seat will be available at 2025, regardless if either PER or RIC drivers for RB in 2024.
So around the summer stop, or a little bit before that, lots of contracts will be signed, and the urge to perform in the 1st 3 months will be there for the drivers.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 10-02-2023 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 3