View Single Post
      08-22-2023, 08:52 AM   #3
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
As the title states, where are you guys? My best friend and I are moving there this fall. Not entirely sure where. We've outgrown our small mountain town, and I promise we're not libs here to infiltrate lol. I know natives aren't fond of everyone moving in; if it makes anyone feel any better, the majority of transplants in my area this year are from FL as well!

I'd love to get some background info, TIA

And here's our little convoy
I'm moving there late October/early November. Port Saint Lucie. Commentary for PSL routinely contains the word "boring." Perfect for me. Have been in TN over 40 years, and I'm just done with it. Always saw myself living by the coast when I got older, and it's time. I went through all of this over the summer, and I got a ton of good advice on here, actually (thread is at https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2018049). Prices (and rates) are just crazy high right now. I kept poking my head into the market the past five years, quickly retreating back to a lease thinking "it'll be better next year." It never got better, and I can't keep waiting. You looking to rent or buy? I wanted to get a condo off the beach, looking from West Palm Beach up to Jensen, but things are priced a little out of reach for me (WPB being on the high end and price trending down the further north you go... but still not low enough). Anything decent that came on the market was gone within days. I ended up just getting a new home (currently still being built) that's about 15 minutes from the beach. It's nothing spectacular, but it gets me to Florida. Maybe in a few years, there will be some appreciation, and with a bit of equity I can roll over into a beachfront condo.

If you're leasing, you have tons of options. I'd probably try to keep to West Palm Beach up through Jupiter/Tequesta but avoid Riviera Beach area. An actual Florida native will be more helpful here; I'm only parroting what I learned over the summer. I had properties lined up with my realtor and flew down there one weekend. I briefly entertained leasing in Key West but quickly got frustrated. There seems to be just a different kind of attitude coming from that area... one that contains an inordinate amount of hubris.

One of the cooler things is I'll be a direct 15 minutes north of the gym where Chris Bumstead has been known to lift. I probably won't go to that gym myself, but I just thought it interesting.

Last edited by nerdogray; 08-22-2023 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 3
RickFLM411001.50
Tommy-G4508.50