View Single Post
      05-30-2023, 01:15 PM   #317
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
I was specifically referring to the weather information for that race. I don't have access to it and neither does anyone on this board. In any case it was a 50/50 shot. Hindsight is always 20/20 is it not? I certainly can form opinions on some aspects of F1.
If you refer to the situation hours before the race: OK. Although the chance of rain was announced in weather forecasts.

During the race (which started around 3pm) I posted shortly after 3:30pm a weather forecast announcing rain after 4pm in Monaco. And rain fell indeed after 4pm.

Even TV showed so now and then the menacing skies approaching + screens of weather radars on the pit wall showing rain approaching: would the mountains stop the clouds from reaching the track / sea ? Also onboard radio messages of drivers reported rain. You could also spot that some sections of the track became humid. It was obvious for spectators that rain was in the vicinity. Teams are on site: they just needed to lift their heads to the skies to see clouds approaching.

Lap 52 of 78: camera shot right after the onboard message was played of Russell reporting "Yeah it's raining more and more". Alonso pitted for mediums in lap 55.
Name:  Monaco_Weather_Lap52.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  181.2 KB

My comment posted at 03:39pm:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

GuidoK11110.00