View Single Post
      04-13-2023, 09:53 PM   #1
Apex Missing Ape
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e; 2019 M550i

Ape's M550i

With a new baby on the way I had to sell my beloved Supra and start searching for something with a rear seat but not totally devoid of character. Not being a brand snob I looked at a ton of cars like a Kia Stinger, Tesla Model 3, Porsche Panamara etc.. Originally I wanted an E90 M3 but couldn't find one with low enough miles that wasn't new M3 money.

This thing wasn't even on my radar until I did an AutoTrader search for sedans with a V8 that wasn't a Charger. I eventually came across the M550i and decided on 2019 CPO example, then started the process to make it a bit more interesting.

While I can appreciate a sleeper look, I wanted to spice it up a bit. So far that has led me to replace the tiny stock spoiler with a bit more aggressive unit, changed out the kidney grills to gloss black, added a carbon fiber Hammann style front lip, replaced the brow air duct things with carbon fiber ones, and added wheels spacers.

On the performance side, I bought a JB4 but I'm still running the stock maps. Eventually I'll get it tuned, but not before I do something about the tame sound coming from the exhaust. But that part will have to wait because my baby is coming in hot and will be here before I know it.

Here's how my carbon black metallic beauty is looking so far:
Attached Images

Last edited by Apex Missing Ape; 04-13-2023 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 12