View Single Post
      03-06-2023, 06:26 AM   #1
Rza000
Rep
Drives: BMW M5C

Joined the M5 club

Hi all,

I picked up my 'used' M5C on Friday. Picking up cars never gets old, all that excitement and anticipation, love it! About the car, it is a year old example with approx 7k miles in Brands Hatch Grey, Silverstone leather and comes with comfort pack. I do miss not having radar cruise, but it was hard to find a suitable car with tech pack unfortunately. As from my previous post, I am coming from an Audi SQ7 (petrol v8), great car but having owned SUVs for a number of years, I was a little bored and wanted to get back to a more enjoyable car. Not only is this my first M car, it is my first BMW. As I am a little late to the game, there is not much more or different I can provide as way of feedback, you all know all the details and there are some wonderful posts here detailing this way better than I can ever. But I will share some personal thoughts below;

Power and luxury - The power is so addictive and probably too much for the road. The acceleration is brutal, the kids love it
Handling - As I am coming from an SUV, most cars will feel better handling wise, I just love how easy this goes round bends, roundabouts and corners
Tech - I love having buttons (I know the newest versions are going all digital), the screens and idrive are really nice and so easy to use, I missed having a click wheel too. It is so much better than my Audi with the configurations, settings and info available. My Audi did not even have tyre pressure monitors!
Quality - I feel the quality is of a much higher standard than the Audi (the Audi was great), leather feels better, there is more of it too.
Sound - I know non LCI sounded better, but I am loving the sound here, SQ7 was ok, but the is so much better.
App - I find the app is better than the Audi too, plus having a digital key on phone is great just in case.
Seats - I love the front seats, so comfortable and hold you in place. Lots of adjustments
Head Up display - Fantastic and huge so much better in ether standard or sport mode.
Other - The auto hold is soo much better than previous car. So is stop start but I don't use this.

Not so good:
I don't like you can't switch off the comfort access as I could in my previous car
Unable to change the tilt angle of passenger mirror when reversing (again I could in Audi)
Having manual child locks in rear doors (Audi you could switch them on and off electronically via a switch
Rear seat space for such a large car is a bit small. I know the front seats take a lot of room.
Drivers display - limited configuration options

Getting Familiar:
The fat steering wheel, still trying to get used to it.
I miss the rear wheel steering of my car as the turning circle on the M5 is much longer

Appreciate 5
Patton2502939.50
DavidXJ669.50
M5 London344.50