United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
I don't believe so. I had Carly for years but can't say I go through everything in between updates of the app but would be surpriced if the feature is hidden somewhere in there. Why, replacing chock mate?
My question stems from a 'hypothetical-what-if' type scenario. If the EDC module compensates for OEM EDC shock wear - by altering the voltage the EDC shocks 'see' - i.e. to stiffen them as mileage and wear increase, then what might happen if the EDC was reset BUT the old OEM EDC shocks were left installed?

In this case it seems as though the EDC would revert to "thinking" the shocks were new when in fact they are old and worn. So if the EDC is reset and the shocks are still old then the ride would (comfort) theoretically improve but the handling would be degraded.

I know this sounds like an odd scenario, but suppose an owner wanted a softer ride then one could reset the EDC mileage to zero and if desired still stiffen the ride back up from the newly improved comfort mode with the other two remaining EDC normal and sport settings.

Sorry for my miscellaneous ramblings.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1