View Single Post
      02-13-2023, 01:57 PM   #15
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
1. That low end lag is very annoying. I know exactly how to make up for it, but trying to drive it spooled, with just the right settings gets a bit annoying. I’m cool with that with a fun, light, manual car, but not in my DD with an auto. When I dip into the throttle, I want that car to *move*. Some people just live with it, don’t mind it or whatever, but I found it really against the grain of what this car should be.
^ this

I've got 28K miles on my '21 X3MC.

I use the paddle shifters 90% of the time, even in stop & go traffic. Why? So I'm always in the right gear. I never get caught out in the low-RPM-no-power scenario. The S58 is a great engine. But at least in the X3MC, the low end grunt is a bit frustrating for a daily. I haven't driven the G8x, but with less weight, the problem is mitigated a bit.

My next M would be an F90, but they're going out of production before I can jump into a new car, so I'll get either a used F90, or a new G80. Like many here, I just get bored every few years and want something else - the X3MC is a great all around car and I love mine. The ride ain't that bad.
Appreciate 0