Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo_F90 View Post
Yes wheels save weight, they are not considered a performance mod like intakes and a tune. Wheels do not add hp... I purchased lightweight wheels to save time on my 1/4, but I do not consider them a performance mod because again it does not add hp. That's like me gutting the car to save weight would me taking out my rear seats be considered a performance mod? No it wouldn't lol...
As for why you bought 7k wheels, that's on you. Im sure they look good or at least I hope for that amount but to each their own.

Yes water got into my filters and caused water damage. Whats to stop dust or tiny rocks? More than likely on this guys friends car is that over time it built up and eventually caused damage to the turbo. Its not a common situation to hear about but you do hear about such things from time to time.

Intakes are a breather mod. If the tubing breaks off or a piece of the filter broke and flew into the turbo then yes that would be the company's fault, because at that point it would be the direct cause of turbo damage. People have had blown turbos and motors replaced without every modifying the car. If he can show that the intake itself was the the direct cause of the blown turbo then we can point fingers.

As you said "If the PG filters failed to do the only thing they are there to do, which is stop shit from getting into the intake, and as a result something was damaged, YES THEY NEED TO STEP UP AND FIX THE PROBLEMS. " The filter is to help REDUCE the amount of "shit" from getting inside of the intake. Their is no filter that stops everything from getting in unless its a closed airbox. Thus why every company has its own recommendation for when you should change your filters.
Man, you sure do sound like you work for PG.

So a "performance mod" can only be something that increases hp? If you want to go that route, the intakes for the F90 don't even had hp. They're for looks and sound. So no, they're actually not a performance mod.

Yes, if you're building a track car and you remove a bunch of weight by doing whatever, yes that increases performance. It's a "performance mod".

Your wheels, whether you think they are or not, are also a "performance mod" if they are lighter and increase performance.

Sorry, and no, you're also wrong on intakes don't stop everything. Little rocks? LOL. So, its normal for little rocks to get inside your engine right through an air filter due to "build up over time"? Please show me how little rocks can get through any normal, high quality filter?

On that note, when was the last time you heard anyone ever get massive damage to their engine or turbos when something got into the engine without failure of the intake? Sorry, but you're so wrong. Their job is to stop anything that can and will damage your motor from getting inside, water would be the only thing I can think of that would not be stopped if its enough anyway.

https://www.pgfilters.com/air-filter...er-the-engine/

Quote:
Most air filters trap particles that are 5 to 6 microns or larger in size. They also trap 80 to 90% of particles that are as small as a couple microns in size.
In case you didn't know, a micron is 1-millionth of a meter. I think that's considerably smaller than some small rocks.

PG is a shitty company. I'm glad you're so very happy with their products and you feel the need to go on and on about how happy you are and how much you love PG despite the overwhelming evidence they are a POS company overall. Good for you.
Appreciate 0