Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo_F90 View Post
And when you tune a vehicle and the motor goes do you expect your tuner to cover your motor? If your worried about something going wrong then stick to cosmetically modifying your car. "Obviously Sam covered nothing" I wouldn't expect him too. I personally wouldn't cover it either.
You seriously using that argument?

So let's say you bought some wheels. The wheel fails and causes catastrophic damage to let's say the front right of your car. The wheel failure was not caused by any 3rd party, no object in the road, no accident, it just structurally failed. You or your insurance company will just accept it and not try to get the wheel company to pay for the damages? That's not how things work in the real world.

I can take this same scenario and make it for almost any product in any industry.

If a tuner tunes your car, you damn well know going into it and nothing is guaranteed and there's no warranty. If the tune blows the motor, yeah, you're most likely screwed unless they have something in writing. But that's a possibility of anytime you tune your car.

Manufacturers should (and do) do their utmost to make sure that THEIR product doesn't damage other products during its normal operation. If it does, you're damn sure the manufacaturer is on the hook for the damages. It literally happens every day in every industry throughout the civilized world. Please don't try to defend his piss poor response and service with that argument.
Appreciate 0