Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOURCE1064 View Post
My car installed the software on 12/14 and I haven't noticed any enhancements so far. As usual it reset autostart so I had to reenable that but no impact to my M1/M2 buttons like in the past.

Not sure if it's just me but my car exhaust seems much more muted in Sport Plus mode since the update. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this after the update?

"Not sure if it's just me but my car exhaust seems much more muted in Sport Plus mode since the update."

This was my biggest fear that prevented me from installing the update until now. While I don't have any actual proof of this, I am convinced this happened to me on my previous M5 and it was driving me nuts. Luckily for me, I traded the car in unexpectedly about a week later for my new M5.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Of course I didn't want to lose M1/M2 buttons, seat configurations, etc., but those could all be reconfigured relatively easily. Exhaust sound? I'm not so sure about that recovering that. My dealership couldn't do anything to revert the car to how it sounded prior to the update.
Some say the the pops and bangs will return after driving the car for a while.
Interesting. I must not have had it long enough for them to come back if that is the case.
Please make a future post on here if your pops came back.
And make sure you have sport+ on and the exhaust button light on😁👍
This actually happened on my previous pre-LCI at the end of May. I traded it for my current LCI about a week later.

I live in Sport+ and with the exhaust button light on. That's why I was so upset when I lost the sound.

Thankfully, my new car is perfect, and I am going to attempt to keep it that way by putting off this update for now.