ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DN302 View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good PPF shop in OC? Also, what are thoughts on getting PPF done for a carbon fiber roof? I know I want to PPF the entire front (bumper, hood, side panel and mirror caps) but am not sure if the roof is necessary. I've never had a scratch on the roof of my prior cars but given this car has a carbon fiber roof, I'm debating whether or not I should. Thanks!
I'll preface this saying neither of my two M5s had PPF because I leased them; I do however full body PPF my cars that I own. Since I do full body on them, I end up doing the roof too, because you've literally done every other exterior surface of the car.

If you were getting a full body PPF, I would tell you to do the roof also. But since you are not, I do not believe it is necessary (and even if you were, probably wouldn't be). I have never had a scratch on the CF roofs of either of my M5s, and I recently installed and uninstalled roof rails multiple times on my new one. I personally do not believe that the roof is prone to scratching that easily. If the car never sees a tunnel wash, I think you'd be fine for the most part.