Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm490 View Post
Porterfield and Isweep both make pads that address this issue.

I'm not sure which is better. I've heard people who have both say that it's dramatically reduced. I know it's not oem but if it fixes it I could live with it.

My porterfield pads are in the box being installed next week. Will report back because the stock ones on my 21 M5C are just WAY too loud to live with.
I could live with it also if it was a fix. However, (I could be off) but I believe all the threads or most of the folks that have gone aftermarket pads cite the fix being somewhat temporary, and it eventually comes back.

Also, in situations like mine, while I would still do it if it fixed the issue, I have the BMW extended service, and I get brakes, and other maintenance items free until 100K, so it would suck to purchase aftermarket equipment to fix something the OEM should be taking care of. I previously asked the dealer I use for service if I purchased aftermarket pads if they would install them as if they are oem, and was given a very hard NO. which I understand, not being oem, liability etc. but still, would be nice to have SOME option from BMW.
Appreciate 0