Quote:
Originally Posted by aalsayye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalsayye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I do exactly what your dealer has suggested. I have black 20" 706M wheels. I lease the car, so I have never purchased a dedicated winter set. I do a tire swap on my one set of wheels seasonally. My dealer charges me $300 each time to remove, mount, balance, and store my off season tires, so going this route only costs me $1,800 for the three year lease. Much less than purchasing a dedicated set of wheels and tires.

As far as sourcing the tires, I don't see any winter tires available this close to the winter season left on tire rack. Your best bet if you want the least headache at this point (and what I do personally) is to have the dealership order them and do the swap for you. You can of course find tires on here somewhat frequently that will fit those wheels if you want to go cheaper, though.
Thanks for the response. Can you explain to me how you managed getting the winter set from the dealer?

I called the dealer today and they said they couldn't find winter tires that matched the specs on my wheels (front: 275/40/R19, rear: 285/40/R19) and that they could only find a full winter tire and wheel set for ~$4,300.

I went on tire rack, pirelli, etc. websites and didn't find a tire set that works with the 705M config. Am I doing something incorrectly? Or am I just late to the game?
You're welcome! I have a good and pre-existing relationship with my very awesome SA. He has gotten them for me easily through the dealership by starting this process in late summer and holds on to them for me until about a little before Thanksgiving. The tires alone are attainable through dealers generally, but manufacturers tend to produce a certain number for the season, and that's it. No additional production runs until they're getting ready for the following season. I don't think you're doing anything incorrectly, I think you're just a bit late to the party. That's probably why you're not finding them through third parties and why the dealer is offering you the complete wheel and tire set that is significantly more. BMW tends to stock these kits closer to year round, and that's why availability is a little easier (albeit significantly more expensive).

My best advice to you at this point would be to call around to other dealers in your area; you may have to extend your geographic reach a bit to get this done at the end of October. Also, I didn't see where you're located, but if you've got high end customization shops in your area, reach out to them as well. They sometimes have access to stock that dealers don't, but even this is slim chance.
Good advice, I'll do the calling early next week. I'm in Michigan, and only picked up the car last weekend
I figured this was a recent acquisition. Congratulations and good luck! Keep us posted.