View Single Post
      10-13-2022, 12:18 PM   #98
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
That is an interesting way to look at things and perhaps I am missing something but the goal is to not have any wear on any of the bearing surfaces so are they talking about the piston rings /timing chain with this logic? I mean you generally never want any type of wear on crank journals and bearing surfaces and piston rings should all be broken in after first 3k miles. I assume LM will reply back with its safe to use once the manufactures break-in period is complete but I will reach out to them to get the official word.
I trust the company, but the whole "additive" idea begs a VERY SPECIFIC question.

WHY NOT HAVE IT IN THE OIL ANYWAY?

If it isn't in the oil that's BMW approved, there's a reason. They know it, and just get them to cop to it.

My buddies at Exxon/Mobil say it makes the oil a little abrasive in too high a concentration. It works great at startup (cause it's sitting on the surfaces), but the higher the concentration gets the less likelihood that it helps.

A lot of oil makers have gotten away from high moly suspect for these reasons. Liqui-moly doesn't put it in the "off the shelf" products mostly. And it's in their name. So, WHY?

Shawn
Appreciate 1
GAMA951.00