10-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #62
Danny D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Meh,

Do you REALLY think that the difference in hot oil temps are that much different in Mexico vs. Canada when fully hot? The data says not much. And if it is, its mostly due to inadequate oil cooling in the car. (ok, I'll admit that SOME of Canada - Ice Truckers, etc. - are out of spec, but not much).

Hotter climates (other than the extremes above, Death Valley, etc.) rarely push oil temps. They're 190-215F if you're driving in 50deg weather or 105 if the oil cooling is right. And it is on this car (as far as I can tell in stock form).

Shawn
I Shall reply in a respectful tone if I may.

I do notice over the 4 years of owning my M5, and 12 years of of owning my 335I, those are just my BMW vehicles, I will not go into Gm's and my Benz"s ( plural).... I do believe a 40 oil will be better in hotter temps.
But again , my friend Shawn - to each their own. it all good, We are all here to help each other !....
I say this cause I can feel the engine and smoothness when I drive over 10 + cars with different oils etc.

Last edited by Danny D; 10-03-2022 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: edit I just did a 99 Silverado, another car of mine - with 0-30 and its so smooth, my dad call after a driver 2 days ago and
Appreciate 2
GAMA949.50
Maverik2594150.50