Thread: Coolant Leak
View Single Post
      08-13-2022, 09:42 AM   #30
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Did you notice the color of the coolant before they changed it? I checked my coolant about a week ago since several postings have indicated coolant can sometimes be low. I noticed it to be low. I only have just under 4,000 miles on the 2021 car. I decided to call my preferred BMW dealership to see if they had coolant for purchase. The person on the phone asked about the year of the car and indicated there are two different coolants. He indicated newer cars now use a newer green coolant. The preferred dealership is further away than another dealership so I said what the heck I will go to the dealership closer my house. When I get there the parts person is like it does not matter which coolant you buy. He indicated you can even mix the blue and green. He was a very nonchalant type. Based on his extensive experience working behind the parts counter he was confident there is no difference between the green and blue. I tell him I want the green since that is what is in the car. He goes returns with a gallon and tells me it is the green. When I get home and open the jug it is the blue. I call back the next day and tell the idiot gave me the wrong coolant and they made it seem like it was a big deal to get the green coolant for the year and model car I have. The green seems to be a new coolant versus the blue.

Last edited by AHall; 08-13-2022 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
F90jay28.00