07-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #109
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So just to bring Cadillac into this discussion...

In the history of the US automotive market and in the world when the US lead the industry, Cadillac was considered the standard of the world (their marketing slogan BTW). From the 1930's through the mid 1970's Cadillac was considered one of the best marques in the would to own. Until someone at GM decided to rely on the Cadillac name to sell badge-engineered Chevrolets. We've all seen the fight Cadillac is now engaged in for the last 12 years or so become one of the leading Marques to own again. Tarting up Chevrolets as Cadillacs was good for Cadillac sales too, for a while...
I do remember the Cimmaron. Sort of similar to what BMW has been doing with the M235i (aka a mini). Crappy effort by BMW to live on the reputation of the "real" 2 series.

I prefer a car and have a deposit down on a Lucid Air. I wanted to be able to ignore the grille and like the IX but it is simply too ugly overall for me. I have put down a deposit on the AWD version of the Lyriq as a backup to the Lucid. I hope the I5 may be the one to keep me in the BMW family but until it is released, it is vaporware.
Appreciate 0