ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUM5INT View Post
I thought about looking into that but then I realized…what am I really doing or what could I really do that awfully bad to damage it. It sits high up and far enough where I realized I probably won't scratch or gouge it with a watch, phone etc so I'm personally not convinced I needed one. Plus I've had cars with touchscreens for about a de are and not one ever gad any scratches or damage.
That's a great point! It's not in "dangerous" location, and I've also never damaged a touchscreen. However, I'm doing it more for fingerprints than anything else. My pre-LCI had the dark carbon structure, but my new car has Individual Piano Black Trim. I went this route because my carbon scratched so easily. The amount of fingerprints the piano black holds however are insane. Overnight, the surface area in the car that holds fingerprints increased exponentially. This is my attempt to have one less surface that holds fingerprints. I'm usually never the type to do this, but I actually haven't removed the plastic film cover on the screen that comes from the factory. It holds not one fingerprint. Looks cheesy though, and will certainly start to peel soon. So I am looking for a more permanent solution.