United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzl1nz00 View Post
Well…

The talk is that the F90 M5 Comp while rated for 617, is putting out around 700hp. With a simple tune on 93 pump gas, they are capable of 783hp.

AND

The M5CS is putting out somewhere close to the 800s they say. The CS was roll raced against Hellcat and the CS pulled away. Similar trans, so drivetrain losses similar. That means engine has to be close to putting out Hellcat numbers!
I can tell you for a fact that the cs and the comp have very similar hp numbers, only difference is the weight, only thing I can think of with the hellcat is driver mod lol. Also the bmw trans has a fully locked torque converter starting at 1mph, the hellcat doesn't so there's quite a bit of loss until it does lock.

Edit: did some math: so hellcat redeye weighs 4444 lbs give or take, m5cs weighs 4113. A stock redeye with 797 hp makes 705 at the wheels and 679 torque, of we're to believe bmw actually advertised wheel hp and torque like they usually do, the m5 cs has 627 hp and 550 torque let's say, which puts it just slightly over the power to weight on a hellcat so it makes sense. It's not that it has 900 hp it's just very little drivetrain loss and a slightly underrated power train.
Agree with the weight side of things!

Dyno numbers on stock car attached. BMW for sure underrates power and everyone says this.

Watch this video. For some reason these guys think car is in the mid 800s. They also did a series of races against a 911 Turbo S and it was MUCH closer than I expected!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0