Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzl1nz00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzl1nz00 View Post
Hi all,

So I promised I would put up info on EQ settings for B&W upgraded sound system.

It is one of the best systems in a car I have heard. It is truly amazing for the sound produced with the driver sizes and physics involved. Side note, we consider ourselves audiophiles of sorts and our home system has equipment that is some of the best in the world that eclipses the price of some new cars. Anyone who states the system is underwhelming or lacks performance is wrong and doesn't know how to set it up or is using crap source content.

Will post video to YouTube…

High level: I ran my MacBook Pro to the BMW M5 B&W sound system to do frequency sweeps, those sweeps were played through car audio system calibrated to SPL output of matched mic, and high accuracy calibrated mic for signal analysis.

The system doesn't need many tweaks as you can see in EQ settings. There are a few nodes caused by the cabin, those are at 140Hz, and around 300Hz, but there isn't enough EQ resolution to tune out the nodes as much as possible like I can on my big home system.

Enjoy!
Video doesn't work.

Edit: nvm. Lol. worked when I clicked on it. Odd it looks like it wouldn't work based on what it says.

Edit 2: thank you for taking the time to post this
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0