View Single Post
      06-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #7
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I am looking at springs now and have read just about every spring post over the last couple of days. After driving my used F90 base about 13k miles, I have decided to get slightly stiffer and slightly lower springs. I don’t want to spend the money on an adjustable kit and don’t think I need one for my purposes.

Looked at Eibach and found about 2 reviews here and the Evolve review. They would probably be ok for me. Most people buy the H&R. I don’t want the added lowering of the M550xi since I drive year round including snow and roads in my area can have pretty big frost heaves in the winter and spring.

I had the regular H&R on my E90M3 for about 8 of the 10 years I had the car and liked them though they dropped it a little more than ideal for my use. The E90M3 is short on suspension travel to start with but I changed to Bilsteins that may have helped.

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered the regular M5 H&R.

Have read a couple of posts saying the ride is harsh or bouncy, but most don’t say that. Most posts are about looks rather than performance so it is a bit hard to tell.

Last edited by pbonsalb; 06-01-2022 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0