Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabDigital View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
About an hour ago, I was coming off of a red light, approaching another red light at about 10 to 15 mph, and was braking to come to a stop at the subsequent light in a ritzy part of a major Northeastern city. Today was our first day of true warm weather that felt like summer since last year. My windows were down and I was jamming to some music.

A powder blue Subaru Cross Trek with two women in their late 30s or perhaps early 40s pulled up immediately to my left in the left turn lane as I continued to screech up to the light. The passenger rolled her window down, stuck herself out the window at mid torso and screamed, "Your brakes sound like SHIT!" I was so taken aback, my mouth tried to form words, but no sound came out. In my bewilderment, I couldn't get anything out. After a few seconds, she wall full torso out of the window. She stated this time, "Your brakes sound like FUCKING SHIT!" before offering me a tip. "Put some fucking paste on them!" she bellowed.

They got a green left turn arrow before I got the straight arrow green. The driver popped an illegal U turn, and sped off in the opposite direction while I picked my jaw up off my floor mat.

I contemplated adding this to my previous (and now dead) brake squeal thread, but then thought this should have its own post.

Pre-LCI, no CCBs.
Why the mystery of which "northeastern" city? And I think the phrase "smile and wave boys" comes to mind. And the term lesbaru…which I never miss an opportunity to remind my mom since she bought her Subaru Forester. Haha
LOL. Did it have a bike rack?
Lol this was one of the few that I have seen that did not. BUT it did have a roof rack with a Thule Cargo box up top and a million bumper stickers from every nature/outdoorsy place in our region.
Classic. I'm sure there were a few bumper stickers to complete the look.
Yes — in horizontal line going around the cargo box as well LOL!