Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
I don't know why people are so resistant to get porterfield brake pads, which are only $500 for both front and rear to address the brake squeal. If you had done that when you bought your car, it could've saved today's embarrassment.

Buy the fucking porterfield pads!
I'm not resistant at all if I knew this would be a sure fix. I started another thread a while back where this was recommended to me. I know two other pre-LCI, non-CCB M5 owners who went this route that I have done a few HPDEs with. Both said the Porterfields did in fact reduce the squeal for between two and three weeks, but then they were right back to how they were with OEM pads. Also, while there are numerous forum members here who have had success with the Porterfields, I've read a who have not had any success. Between (all of) us, I would have spent $500 PER PAD to eliminate the squeal. Are yours 100% silent?
Yes my wife's brakes became completely silent after the pads change. She was so annoyed with the squeal and told me to "fix it." Thank god porterfield existed haha
Thanks for the input. Could I ask how many miles are on them now without squealing?
About 9000 miles I believe. I replaced the pads last October.
Thank you so much I really appreciate it!