View Single Post
      04-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #52
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5_mbb7 View Post
Never compared their noise to steel rotors because I never had steels on an f90. Could be the way I drive and the fact that I track my cars and run canyons multiple times per week. I’d imagine a lot of f90 owners are of an older crowd and drive the car like an executive sedan should be driven, not like a 4 door racecar 🤷*♂️. I will say that my rotors were dead silent on my 2021 m5comp past 10k miles. On the cs, I still get a faint squeal at medium brake pressure occasionally but they’ve quieted down significantly compared to when they were new.

I’m just noting my own experiences with more f90s with CCBs than most people on this thread. I’ve also driven a friends g80 with CCBs and it squealed too. Remember that I was the one attacked by someone calling me “full of BS” when I’m just trying to share my own experience and what mechanics and shop owners have told me… as for whether or not I’m a real car guy, dm me if you’re near LA and you can join me on a trackday or a canyon run
Have to say, I was NOT happy the M5 CS could only be gotten with CCB's. I burned up two sets on my GT-R (aftermarket). The rotor cost is ....prohibitive.

Street use for 3750 miles now, no squeak. At all.

Four trackdays now at VIR. 18 minimum 20 minute sessions (many 30 minute, and one 40 minute). No squeak. At all. The brake dust is just about as bad as the steels from my 2018 M5. The braking is ...different.... Better, but also different. There's still some fade, but that may be because of the fluid that BMW has put in. Braking from 161 on the back straight, and 150'ish on the front has definite fade. The in between bits, the little braking zones, much better braking. Much.

So, sir, I respectfully disagree with your proposal that these CCB's squeak terribly. I'm with the rest of the crew. I was surprised. My aftermarket CCB's for the GT-R from AP racing marketed through Stillen were terribly noisy (due to clank from the McLaren springs). The Corvette ZR-1 conversion for the GT-R was also noisy (but again, it wasn't brake squeal, but clank from hardware).

I don't know why you're getting squeal. I'm sorry about that though. Video? Audio?

Shawn
Appreciate 1
k20z120.00