02-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #32
paulyboy123
Paulyboy123
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Competition, BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
To be losing that much coolant in a short amount of time and/or miles, there's got to be a leak somewhere. If there's residue anywhere, then it's a no brainer and the dealer should be replacing the tank and cap at a minimum. Maybe try a different dealer and see if you get another result. Is it possible that the car burns off some coolant, especially if it's driven how it's intended? Probably, but not to your extent. In relation to this now that my tank has been replaced and all is good now, I'm going to have a 90 degree thermostat installed to keep things a bit cooler.
Exactly what I told the dealer. I said it doesn't sound normal that it loses coolant like this but the tech told me that's just how the engine is and runs hot so it burns coolant. They pressure tested and said all is well and no leak was found. I would like to buy a cap but don't know where to find one online if anyone has a link they can provide. I do not want to go out of the way to go to a dealership as it is like an hour plus drive.
Appreciate 0