View Single Post
      02-22-2022, 12:25 PM   #3
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

I can't speak to the 911 Turbo S, but my previous car was a 2018 Porsche Carrera GTS. It was surprisingly comfortable except for one issue. In terms of ride, it was somewhere between Comfort and Sport on the LCI M5, but very well controlled. That is, you could feel the bumps, but they were not jarring and there was no bouncing. Also, the 18-way seats were great, very supportive, highly adjustable and just the right amount of padding. No massage function, but heated and ventilated. The cabin was snug, not airy like the M5, but not cramped.

The one area where comfort was lacking was sound insulation. Hearing the engine was not a problem as it only got loud under hard acceleration and the sound was nice. Unfortunately, road and tire noise was very intrusive, with a caveat.

Road noise was not a problem on well paved roads. When I got the car I lived in North Carolina and I drove quite a bit up and down the east coast with no issues. When I moved to the Pacific North West, the problem was clear. Most roads in this area are chip sealed which causes substantial tire noise for all cars. In the 911, it was so loud I took to wearing ear plugs on longer drives. I don't recall this being an issue when I lived in California though I never drove my 911 there. Thus, my advice is consider if you will be driving in the Pacific North West or anywhere else with chip sealed roads. If so, the 911 may be a problem. If not, I think you would find it reasonably comfortable for longer drives (with the caveat that it really is a 2 seat car with very limited luggage *******.
Appreciate 0