View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 12:58 PM   #4
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Unfortunately, given the current environment, there are too many points of potential delay to estimate a delivery window down to a matter of days. From where your car sits, you should be at the point in 7-10 days. Then it's a question of how quickly your car gets assigned a ship and what is that ship's voyage schedule. My car arrived at the port on 1/22 and is still sitting here. Hopefully it's on one of the two ships scheduled to depart on 2/16, but it's still not assigned a ship at this point. I've heard of some cars sitting at the port for over a month. Once it gets on a ship, the trip to the US could be anywhere from 15 to 23 days depending on the voyage schedule. Once your car arrives stateside and is off-loaded at the VPC, you then may need to wait for the RAM retrofit which has on average been taking 2 to 4 weeks. Once the retrofit is done it gets assigned a carrier and transported to your dealership. Depending on how far that trip is this phase of the shipping could be 3 to 10 days.

Point being is don't drive yourself crazy trying to plan it out because you'll likely be frustrated every step of the way. Take my situation, my car arrived at the port on 1/22 and since then three ships have left that stop at Port NY and yet my car is still sitting in Bremerhaven.
Unfortunately, B&W wasn't an available option for me, so it's not part of my build, might as I wish it was. Hopefully that means I can avoid the 2-4 weeks for RAM retrofitting.

Thanks though, very helpful post. I'm definitely not trying to plan it out down to the day, just trying to get a general idea of how long it's taking recently.
Appreciate 0