View Single Post
      01-21-2022, 01:23 PM   #6
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by hksr View Post
So lately I've been contemplating trading in my G05 X5 for an X7, primarily for trunk space purposes.

However, upon research, it doesn't sound like the X7 has that much more cargo space (assuming 3rd row is folded down).

Can any of you provide some insight for me?

I've got rear facing baby seats in the 2nd row, so the 2nd row can't really be pushed forward too much (if at all).
Did that trade as we take long family road trips for weeks at a time. The X7 trunk is significantly larger than the X5. It’s also taller/higher in the back. I have done a lot of real world testing and the difference between the X5 vs the X7 is a lot. I now don’t have to worry about my family of 4 in packing. I have so much more room now in the X7 that getting extra luggage to fit is a non issue. Better yet bringing items home from a long road trim is a non concern where I would have to mail them back in the X5 as every cubic inch was precious. To top that off, my second row passengers have reclining captains chairs with rear entertainment touch screens where they had fixed upright bench seats in the G05 X5. The X7 is a completely different animal.

I will show some examples of two of our very large trip suitcases that just will fit in the G05 X5 luggage area with no room to spare. I literally can fit twice as many in the X7. I also have access to the under floor without moving the luggage.

The height is so tall in the X7, I can stand up the suitcases.

I can even take a extra passenger with their luggage and still have extra room for more soft bags.

Appreciate 2
hksr149.50
toddwalton1337.50