Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlees View Post
Wish I'd bought one when they were discounted by 15k - harry etc al have pushed the price upto over 20k above MSRP
When was that exactly? 🧐
From announcement through to the first wave in August, you could get MSRP and small discounts. It was the drag race YouTube videos from Throttle House in early August that was the turning point (those videos got millions of views in a couple days). I had a small discount on my order which arrived in early August cause it seemed poised to depreciate like any M5, and I dropped out of it (as well as other life reasons). Big regret but I'll live.

Lesson learned, never drop out on a collector car with great 0-60 times. 0-60 times sell more than anything else, there is a reason Tesla is doing so well.

There were already great reviews from EVO and Chris Harris that were focused on driver dynamics (like this carfection video) prior to the first wave last year that had absolutely zero impact on the cars value.

The carfection video has only 115k views right now. If it was titled "M5 CS outdrags a Carrera GT" it would have 1.0 mil views.
A similar phenomenon happened with the 765LT. Interest levels spiked once the public realized it could run low-mid 9's without AWD or hybrid assist.
This is why BMW will probably never make a RWD M3 after this generation. The xdrive M3 dominates 0-60 and that's all that 90% of buyers care about.
Unfortunately that is an accurate assessment although I'm confident the CSL will be RWD. Hoping BMW hits it out of the park.
Appreciate 1
ScullyD5164.00