View Single Post
      01-02-2022, 12:14 AM   #19
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
to somewhat piggyback off this, i dont believe the v8's are worth modding. They dont hold unless you go all the way and build the motor. I know countless people who blew their f10's with tunes and dps, fuel, etc..all of them ended up eating shit. F90 same thing, had a guy down here making almost 800, car ran great but was down every other week for something. Ended up selling it for a Turbo S. I'd say stick a piggyback tune and be happy with that. Everyone on here is happy with the RC piggy. And i'm sure someone will come in here will say they've been modded for xxxxx miles and no issues, yeah sure, but it's coming trust me. And nobody on these boards says anything when the blow their motor...They just dissapear.
It’s fair advice. For myself an OTS stage 2 tune on 93 would be the go and if you manage the torque it should be fine I don’t plan on drag racing or anything like that so no breakages either. I also can’t be assed with ethanol mixes. My preference for flash vs piggyback is that piggybacks are a hack and you have better control with an ecu tune.

There’s a guy at my local euro workshop running 820whp and 8xxft-lb at the wheels in his M5 Comp and knows it will break at some point, but he’s got money to burn and will just build the engine if it blows. I suspect most people aren’t in that position.
Appreciate 0