View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 03:30 PM   #10
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnutt19 View Post
Interesting takes at my experience but incorrect. That is their choice if they don’t want me as a customer but would be very short sighted. I’m not sure how getting what I ordered and expecting honesty makes me an unreasonable customer. It’s a lousy buying experience to show up and find out your BMW doesn’t have power seats because the dealer failed to disclose and that is the type of stuff going on. Feel amateurish to me for this to be happening at BMW. As far as blaming the brand, as mentioning in my post, the dealer is pointing fingers at BMW and blaming them and my experience as terrible so I’m going to give bmw a chance to show it was the dealer but if it was indeed BMW that would be a lot to swallow.
I did have allocation, and confirmed production dates for both. My sales rep sent me the screen shots confirming. That is great you got your car with B&W but if you read the B&W thread you will find a lot others did not and I was one of them, even with a week 40 production. I’m disappointed I sold our car with which wasn’t truly a concrete confirmed production date even though I saw the screen shot showing it was but that is what it is, I am more disappointed with the treatment and lies. If you feel that is good fir the brand to tolerate that behavior then what a shame, I think everyone deserves better personally which is why I am reaching out to BMW.
They are being short sighted. I caught them in lies and instead of dealing with it they pulled my allocations and gave them away. Like I said in my post, everyone has a waitlist now and someone will be fine with the concessions but the day will come when those are gone and they once again need us. Your approach of not not wanting me because I expect honest and integrity would be a pretty poor business decision. I am not a first time bmw owner, I am in my mid 30s, completely debt free with a good job and a taste for nice cars. They wouldn’t be losing two car sales, you can do the math of how many cars they really would be passing on and I’m one customer, a lot are feeling the way I am.

BMW use to sell a buying experience, all I am saying is that seams to be in jeopardy now and your answer to someone that is ringing the bell is we don’t want you, laughable!
Not sure how to break the news to you... but half the time these higher end bmws are sold before they even start production, and the ones that aren't sell within days of them hitting dealerships.... like you said they have a waitlist, they couldn't care less if you decide to not buy a car... what is your x5 compared to the 400k+ x cars they make a year? Nothing that's what it is. You clearly said the dealership lied and yet you're still blaming the company that has announced what the changes were and what was going to happen. Every manufacturer is facing chip shortages and delays, bmw tried their best to not have them impact production in any meaningful way and still pump out the same volume of cars, which means they ran out of certain things such as b&w and touch screens and what not. If your car had truly been confirmed and supposed to enter production months ago you wouldn't be having this issue. What I suspect and I'd honestly love to see those screenshots, is that those are proposed production dates and not confirmed production dates sort of like my screenshot. A requested production date with no available quota.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0