View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #7
Rup91
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5/ 2024 X7 40i

Just got my 2018 M5 2 weeks ago with 49,853 miles. Bought it sight unseen (yeah I know) but here is why I did it.

1.) no reported accidents to Carfax or Autocheck

2.) previous owner performed all maintenance at BMW dealership, even after comp maintenance. Spark plugs, brakes, tires, everything was in accordance to BMW maintenance booklet. I'm sure they pushed the car a few times given how many times the tires were replaced but it didn't scare me from it. Oil was changed at a much sooner interval as well.

3.) I requested pics and live video to see vehicle myself. They even lifted the vehicle and removed the shields to view into the tranny and engine for oil leaks.

4.) I work at a dealership so I made sure I was able to buy a platinum coverage warranty for the M5. I probably wouldn't of done it if there was no coverage available for it.

5.) confirmed that the vehicle has no prior tuner or at least a flagged VIN by BMW

High milage doesn't scare me, poorly maintenanced vehicles do.

Ymmv, I got lucky. Car was transported over 1500 miles. All I encountered was a ton of dust (open carrier transport) but an extra soapy wash took care of it. Risky? Very. Worth it? Hell yeah.
Appreciate 2
Jamesmick131.00
jhbodle146.50