FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Thanks! Thinking about which one to get.
I'll try and dig up some good pictures with the rear as the focal point from Pro spoiler and mimic them with the CS spoiler. I'm sorry the pictures above aren't helpful!

In short:

Pro Spoiler: larger, protrudes off the rear of the car in an outward fashion. Mounted on the edge of the trunk face. Def not something you'll overlook when looking at the rear of the car. It's VERY in your face.

CS Spoiler: same size length wise, or so it seems. Seems "Smaller". Has depth in terms of how thick the spoiler is, and how far it sits on top of the trunk, but instead of poking outwards, making the car seem elongated, this has the perfect kick "up" while still maintaining the shape and roof lines on the carbon roof, hood lines, down to the front splitter. Also allows you to admire how phat the M5's rear is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Looking good! You really need to get all your posts together and just make a journal thread in the main f90 section so we an follow along easier.

Quick question for you as mine shows up today. Do you know if they installed it with tape or betalink? The bottom of the CS spoiler is quite unique in that it has a fiberglass section bonded to the cf. So just wondering what is the correct route to take.

Btw CS front lips are out now so...

LOL I hope i'm not overdoing it for anyone. I do wish there were more enthusiasts who posted. I do see some sick M cars that are not on the forums around town alone, not even thinking about those around the world. I remember way back in my early Bimmerpost days when I was just a lad, Guys would post there cars and somehow reserve the first like 5 spaces after their post so it all flowed like a build journal.

My Pro Spoiler was an option available when the car was ordered. It was installed at the port, where I found out the hard way that they installed it with betalink. For those of you who don't know, when spoilers are installed with betalink, you'll end up cracking or braking the spoiler, or ripping paint with whatever pieces that may come off before cleaning ripping it off a car.

Unfortunately, my installer was a bit impatient (new guy/ old shop) and put a couple of scratches in the trunk. Very minimal, andnot even noticed by anyone thus far. But I know it's there, and they offered to make it right for me. I'll get it handled when I go back for 3.0 mod list, as that will require some time to complete

I wasn't blown away by the CS lip when I saw the car in person, not anything that I would've vividly remembered anyway.. I love how the M performance splitter adds the muscle definition the stock F90 bumper needed. Unless I have to replace this one (God forbid, Knock on wood!) I'll see my options, but when CF is concerned- BMW M performance only!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0