10-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #20
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I think a lot of people complaining are not tuned for catless. I once went catless before I had a tune and the smell was terrible. With a tune, I almost never noticed it. On cold start and in heavy traffic with hot weather and no breeze it would still be noticeable but not bothersome to me. People have different tolerances.

For my F90 M5, I am inclined to go high flow primary cats and catless secondaries and leave a little power on the table. It is a comfy cruiser, winter beater, construction material and tool hauler to me, not an all out sports car though it does have very good performance for its size. Best in class, probably, which is why I bought an F90 instead of a Panamerica Turbo or RS7 or CTS-V or E63 AMG. The only other car that tempted me was a 991.2 Turbo, but it cost 50% more and was not nearly as useful. I will buy one later to complement the F90 and it may well end up catless.
do you think primary catless and not touching secondaries is better ? or primary catted and secondary catless is better as far as sound smell power go ?

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0