Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1200c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Traveling from Belgium to Italy for summer holiday.

First stop in Switzerland for 2 days. Left with a full charge, arrived with an empty battery at the hotel because I could charge my car on destination. Average 8.9 l/100 km.

Did some small local trips on all electric and charged 100% before leaving to Italy.

Then we drove from Berner Oberland to Tuscany. Had to take the Süsten pass and due to traffic chose to take the Gotthard pass instead of the tunnel.

Susten pass was covers in heavy fog with real low visibility. Gave an extra dimension. I was glad I had the gps to show me where the hairpins where. Saw a skilift (Bahn in German) with kind of an unfortunate name.

Gothard is a nice road to drive, if there is no Dutch idiot in front on you trying to pull his 5 meter caravan with a car with 100 hp up a 2000 meter pass …

Got 30% charge from the top op Susten down and 25% from the Gotthard. Put it is sport mode and it was able to keep me at a descent speed just by energy recuperation for large parts. I did need to brake when steeper descents and really steep I put it in M/S and used the paddles to shift down for engine braking.

I drove up the Gotthard in electric individual where possible because it was fully charged and I wanted to use the generated power going down again. Up to 50 km/h power was enough to follow traffic with ACC. With higher speeds the ICE was necessary.

Cornering on the mountain roads was really good. I do have integral active steering that should make a difference. And sport driving mode and gear is perfect driving up.

To reach the rented house in Tuscany we needed to take a short 27 % down Hill road. Tested hill descent control, works well. I didn't think this option would come in handy but it did for this piece of road.

How do you get to that last screen that shows gradient, elevation, etc.? I have not seen this in my M50i....
I think it's called x drive screen. It is in the menu with board computer and eco drive screen.
Appreciate 1
john1200c238.50