View Single Post
      08-03-2021, 12:11 PM   #10
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Some charging observations.

I have the BMW charge and Shell Recharge cards. I try to use the BMW card when I can because I have 60 euro credit by driving electric and charging a lot.

I Switzerland and Italy I saw a lot of public charging possibilities in the app but not always working.

In Spitz I saw 1/4 chargers used in the app Went there. One was taken. However the others were unoccupied but private for a local electric car rental company and the last free one was only with a super charger cable.

In Thun I was able to charge in a coverde car park. Nice parking spots but I needed to scan a QR code and enter my credit card on a website.

I was able to charge in the hotel parking in Interlaken over night twice. There was another 45e and a model X, not parked on the charging spot when I entered. I don't know if charging etiquette dictates that one should clear the charging spot when the car is fully charged?

In Arezzo the chargers were all out of the city centre. I parked in a large public parking near the centre and found out it had 4 charging spots and it worked with my BMW card. None of my apps showed this location (BMW, Shell, Chargemap). Left with 90% charge after visiting the city for 4 hours.

Plugged in twice while shopping in a big mall in Montevarchi but didn't get it to work with both of my cards. Left it plugged in anyway because it had 9 nice big parking spots that were all unoccupied.

With the initial full charge at home I have charged and emptied my HV battery 4 times plus some significant recuperation by driving down the mountains (around 50% charge).

Appreciate 2
volodp199.50