View Single Post
      06-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #136
tim_s
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 325 and e36 m3 evo

Another little update after having run the 3.46 for a while. First thing to report is that the dme does need adjusting. You could just about get away with 3.23, but with the 3.46 if the gear recognition parameters aren't changed, on my car with ED at least, cruise control didn't work correctly nor the little gear display in the dash. I changed all values by 11% and it seems perfect now. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with 3.46, it feels a bit short at times mainly on the motorway, but overall is good fun and makes the car feel much more alive. It's interesting to note that the car didn't run properly with the gear recognition parameters set to junk (I accidentally flashed some incorrect values on). This actually appears to have led to a few more issues, hopefully only temporary. After having to run the car with that flash on it for a bit due to issues with my flashing rig, having sorted it and returning from a family break this weekend thinking the fuel economy was a bit crap even with my bike on the roof rack, checked fault codes and have 2AEC (nox sensor self diag) along with 2B48 and 49 (mixture). the nox sensor is probably 3-4 years old. I've just reset the codes and adaptation values and will see what that does....
Appreciate 0