06-09-2021, 06:15 AM   #6
mcscoobs
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
My son in law has an (almost) 15 year old from a previous relationship. His ex has used the child as a pawn forever it seems and is completely the opposite now, he isnt allowed to see him as he committed the heinous crime of introducing him to his new half brother 4 years ago. He'd love your problem...

I had a cast on my finger when I dislocated it, was next to nothing and did next to no use. However they are right you arent insured to drive when wearing the cast... you can guess what I did....

In my position I'd get myself back home, somehow.... no baths, no cooking, just takeaways and a great weekend at Dads playing in the park, assuming its walkable, or on tablets or whatever.... as many E numbers as you can cram in them on Sunday and the best treats you can manage - then hand them back to their Mum when fully charged

oh and tell her you are bringing your partner to help look after them, that should really change her mind based on previous experience. My ex had two kids that still needed running around, easiest way to get the Dad to volunteer was tell him I was doing it!
Surgeon told me my cast would be my whole hand for a week and then they change it to a lighter dressing after that? My partner will be with me if I am able to go home, but she has 2 kids of her own the same age, and a dog, so there'll be a lot for her to handle, and it's just not fair. That being said, I'd much rather have them than not, just a real PITA!
Appreciate 0