View Single Post
      05-10-2021, 04:15 PM   #133
tim_s
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 325 and e36 m3 evo

Thought I'd give a quick update. I realised I've done something that I try not to do and not actually reported back on how the various tweaks have worked out for me. So... eibach springs - very happy with them, I'd read that the ride height would be basically factory, that's not the case for me and they have a bit of a drop which is noticeable on country lanes etc around here and speed bumps. Likewise the ride, I was expecting from what I'd read that they'd not really be any tauter than factory and equally compliant, but for me they were tauter and less compliant. I really like them for that though!
Larger rear ARB - brilliant. Makes a surprising difference.
Diff - I've actually now swapped to a 3.46. 3.23 is a good all round ratio, but didn't have a big enough impact for my liking. I got a great deal on a really mint late x1 (same as 130i) diff. I'm really happy with it, the car feels so much more eager, 2nd and 3rd are really punchy, and it makes the car easier to drive in most scenarios as you can be lazier with gears. It does have a bit of an impact on cruising, but nothing that bothers me and fuel consumption still seems great.
The blackline LSD- I'm really happy with it. Much improved traction and you don't see the DSC kicking in at all when pushing on, locks well, is silent. When I drained the oil there wasn't any swarf which I was happy about.
the headlights - so far, not great. They look great, new plastic lenses make the car look newer and the fxx style angel eyes are great, but the cut-off on the low beams seems pretty sharp, the height adjusters seem pretty crap, similarly I can't get the horizontal adjustment as I want it for a rhd car. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about all this as yet but no rush.

Overall I'm enjoying the car much more now.
Appreciate 1