FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dworkman99 View Post
Hello Friends! I sold my Merc AMG C63S last night and ordered a '21 M5 Comp (lease). I couldn't be more excited to come back to the BMW family (previously owned a '16 F80). I have a couple build questions that I was hoping for some feedback.

Current Build:

Brands Hatch Grey Exterior
20" M Y-SPOKE FORGED BI-COLOR WHEELS (debating on 20" M DOUBLE-SPOKE BI-COLOR WHEELS instead)
Silverstone Interior (debating on Midrand Beige instead)
Aluminum Dark Carbon Structure trim
Competition Package
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System

For some context, once I take delivery I intend on getting the paint and wheels ceramic coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra.

Now on to my questions:

Interior- One thing that is completely racking my brain is the interior. I have never owned Silverstone, let alone seen Silverstone in person. I think the center inserts of the silverstone have a dark grey tone which should pair nicely with the BHG exterior, but I am concerned about upkeep with such a light interior such as dye transfer from pants. Does anyone have any feedback? Am I overthinking this? I really like the Midrand Beige option, however my wife thinks the brown looks a little mustardy. Again, I haven't seen this color in person so it's hard to say. Thoughts?

Wheels- I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the design of the Double Spoke Bi-Color wheel better than the Y Spoke. I like that the wheel isn't black and is actually grey, which I thought could be a nice compliment to BHG exterior. I ended up going with the Y Spoke Forged wheels, because well it's in the name...they are forged. I just don't care for the black look of the wheel as I think that could be hard to maintain. I understand that you can only get the Y Spoke wheel on a comp, I'm just not 100% in love with the wheel. Again, I am sure I am overthinking this but wanted to ask the forum for their thoughts.

Thanks in advance. You guys are the best.

Midrange beige was a VERY close secondary option for my car. I still say it, and i stand by it- The most underrated interior option for the M5. I LOVE it. With Brands Hatch- you won't be let down.

I chose the Y-Spoke. I LOVE them. Nice and sporty, easy to clean. DO IT!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY

Last edited by FSHNGRY; 04-30-2021 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0