2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxlude View Post
My UK spec 2019 comp did same today
The steering wheel did not drop down to driving position and the side mirrors were out of whack.
I could still adjust wheel and mirrors with the buttons.
I suspect it's cos I started fiddling with the idrive before everything set, and it skipped a few instructions on bootup.
I usually let everything boot up before fiddling as these modern cars are like waking up a computer from sleep or hibernate...you want to leave them to complete the bootup process really before trying to get it to do other stuff
For me, it didn't make a difference what I did. I would even recorrect the steering wheel right as I was getting out and would bring it back down after it auto-raised. Once the steering wheel failed to drop it remained completely unresponsive to controls until it sat for a while after I drove.
hmm, seems like all are a bit different. mine only drops a tiny bit with an odd noise. if I hit the button down, it moves another millimeter or so, with the same odd sound. I have to keep hitting the down button until it gets where I want it. only going down, not back up. going back up it's perfect. there might be some british electronics in there somewhere.
Update (FWIW), dealer replacing the entire column.