View Single Post
      03-04-2021, 11:31 AM   #15
Darkshear
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 2019 M5 Comp

I had an F10 M5, then went to an FF. Now I'm back in an F90 and will park here until next year when I can grab a GTC4Lusso.

These cars have a lot in common. They're both quick as hell. They're both good for any driving occasion.

The Ferrari will have quirks, more than most manufacturers. You'll figure out on day 1 it's not a German car lol. The M5's incredible tech and gadgets can't be beat between the two, and the tech the Lusso does have is...fair. If you go with later 2019 Lussos, you might be able to find one with the extras like surround view, etc. They added those features as a build option late in the production cycle, really only a year or so before deprecating the model.

The FF and the Berlinetta were both the last cars designed by Pininfirina, which is a shame. The Lusso subjectivley looks sexier than the M5, but the FF looked better IMO. More aggressive, more Ferrari-like. The Lusso is elegant and beautiful. The interior is amazing. The build materials are second to few.

The Ferrari will sound amazing. Do a muffler delete or max out your AmEx on an aftermarket exhaust and you'll never know a love greater than a V12 Ferrari.

Don't own either without a warranty lol, so that's same/same. But, you might have a slightly higher chance of being left on the side of the road the the F car. YMMV. Largely PTU and Getrag gearbox issues were worked out, but like anything else, failures do happen and a PTU is ~$40k.

My personal verdict: Man it's good to be back in a car I don't have to worry about much, but boy do I sure miss that Ferrari. That being said, I'll enjoy the M5 until I can find the right Lusso, because I think I miss the F more than I don't miss the Ferrari ownership anxieties.

Between the few guys on here that own/have owned V12 front-engine Ferraris, I'm sure we'd be happy to elaborate more if you have more specific questions. I did make some additional comments in another thread: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1795640

greentrbo95gst follow you on Insta, love the garage man!