02-16-2021, 10:35 PM   #36
marxdrift
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
how do you drive a car that feels like a bloated 550i properly? pretty much everyone outside this forum would agree that E46 is more raw and connected driving experience.
I really don't even know how to respond to this statement, but let's break it down.

550i and the E92 feel NOTHING like each other - not sure where you even got that idea from.

E46 and E92 are about the same weight, but the E92 has better suspension, steering (E46 has a SLOW rack, E92 has a quick and crisp one), engine, gearbox, chassis and just about everything else. By better, I mean more connected at a higher performance level which requires a more experienced driver to reach those limits vs the E46, who's limits are easier to reach which might indulge less experienced drivers.

A huge amount of people outside of this forum who blurt out statements like that haven't driven either car at the limit and are basing things off of regular street driving (which is irrelevant).

Again, the E46 is a pleasure to drive, I loved my seat time on track and canyon BUT the E92 is a step up in every aspect, it is more involving, quicker and more raw.
E46 and E92 are about the same weight, but the E92 has better suspension, steering (E46 has a SLOW rack, E92 has a quick and crisp one), engine, gearbox, chassis and just about everything else. By better, I mean more connected at a higher performance level which requires a more experienced driver to reach those limits vs the E46, who's limits are easier to reach which might indulge less experienced drivers.

A huge amount of people outside of this forum who blurt out statements like that haven't driven either car at the limit and are basing things off of regular street driving (which is irrelevant).

Again, the E46 is a pleasure to drive, I loved my seat time on track and canyon BUT the E92 is a step up in every aspect, it is more involving, quicker and more raw.[/QUOTE]

that's pretty much what i was gonna say, both are amazing cars, i don't track cars but i do like to drive through the canyons, e46 wasn't hard for me to take it to the limit but the e92 i'm unable to, yet atleast.
Appreciate 2