View Single Post
      02-09-2021, 10:00 PM   #17
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Yeah, it settled down pretty quickly. I am used to my E63S which is a deeper more muscle car sound. I actually think it is not as loud as the AMG exhaust. More exotic seems about right. On another note, I added the CCB option. Mine is Tanzanite, but I have the ability to still make changes. MBB maybe a little loud for my taste. Not that many HQ Tanzanite pics. Should have my car by mid May...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
For anyone on the fence about the MPE worried it might be too loud or aggressive, don't be. Like stated above, the one caveat is on cold start due to the way the induction and exhaust valvetrain are timed. Once passed, the sound is just straight up exotic + quality.

Know this, as it may be a matter of preference: the tone of the MPE is generally higher in pitch and smoother than say, an M550i with exhaust which turns into more of a muscle car sound. You will NOT get the deep and guttural V8 rumble from the MPE on the F90. It'll sound more like a flat-plane V8, to be honest. I happen to prefer the tone, but YMMV.

Oh, also there is zero drone despite no longer being a valved system. The "exhaust sound" button no longer raises or lowers the exterior volume, but it does add in the pops and bangs. Any perceived increase in sound in the exhaust sound "on" mode is actually just in the interior - it's ASD programming only.