01-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #96
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Open items:
I use Tidal for streaming because of the sound quality (master quality), and my phone attempts to re-download songs every time CarPlay is connected. Irritating.
May be an App issue.

Airplay - couldn’t get it to work. Prompt asks you to disconnect from CarPlay and join the same named network. Odd.

Waze GPS seems slower to find location at times. Slower than if I run it directly on my phone.

Screen went black for a second during a 90 minute drive. Here is the fault code: “00E1E9 CIC: failure of a front display monitor”
The fault is no longer present at the moment. I didn’t hit a bump to cause a pinch in the wire, hopefully it’s not a software issue.
Airplay + Carplay seems to be a real pain in the ass and I think the issue stems from the phone wanting to default to Carplay. Even if you try to follow the steps to pair to the Wifi then airplay, your phone decides it want's to jump back. I was only able to get it working by disconnecting the phone from Carplay entirely and forgetting the SSID's, then pairing it new. That was too much of a pain in the ass and Airplay for me really isn't useful (I wanted to watch football one day and it was easier just to do it from my Android device).

I haven't tried playing with it since then because afterwards my phone didn't want to automatically jump onto Carplay so I just gave up.

For Waze - is your phone in the same location it normally was? This really should have more to do with getting a GPS fix which is hard if your phone is down in the cupholder for example. Carplay is just displaying the interface, your phone is responsible for getting a fix.