Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
But I'm still glad they are developing such a car as the M5CS as it has never been done by M Division before, and I think there can never be enough M5 love in this world. I'll take all we can get. Especially before things go full electric in the not so far future.
Right, I don't know why people are so worked up about this thing. This thing is basically the extreme M enthusiast's dream - much like the many special versions of the E34 M5, or the new M2 CS. This is car represents what M GmbH should really be about.

And so what if it "only" 635 horses and costs? Who cares. Very few can take this car to its limits on a race track, and life is not all about straight line speeds. The weight reduction is what matters more.

FWIW, Auto Bild drove the M5 CS prototype around Lausitzring quicker than a 991.1 GT3, still half a sec slower than M8C, though.

This car got me excited more than the G80.
The car BMW should have produced is the M5 E60 CSL. That sported a stroked 5.5L V10 with revamped intake system, DCT transmission, carbon roof and weight optimized interior. That felt like an extreme engineering exercise. At the very least these advances made it to the E92 M3 GTS.

The M5 CS has little extreme about it; it's a interior & exterior pack with a mild tune and fancy, outsourced wheels; where's the engineering?

Our standards have visibly been lowered over the years with recent disappointments.
Appreciate 1
KoenG1440.00