View Single Post
      11-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #12
wifes first bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i, i3, '82 R65LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I had a JB+ and it works. For $200, it is absolute VFM. I cannot comment on Dinan or RC since I have zero experience with those two products. I did have a RC ultimate in my A4 and it worked there. Had no issues while I had it.
Power delivery wasn't bad at all. It was not smooth like stock. There was a noticeable kick when the turbo spooled up. And it ran out of steam at the top end. With the JB4, it's faster and doesn't run out of steam up top.

I have a JB4 now and I love it. Car does really well and it's faster than with the JB+ (I'm running a custom map on my JB4). I search for every little excuse to take the 330i out and it has the most miles amongst all my current cars (thanks to it being tuned). The JB4 also connects to two sensors like in the pic in the post below yours (though I have a third EWG connector as well which as extra). The EWG makes the car smoother. But it made good power even without the connector.

Do you have a dragy? If you do, I'd love to see some numbers (0-60/quarter mile/0-100/62-124) to see how the turbo transformer compares to a JB4
Please say yes!
I wish I could say yes, but I don't have draggy. I would also love to see how the two units compare; if you have other ideas I am open - 4th gear pulls perhaps?

I did consider the jb4, a lot ... but I did a lot of homework and finally went with Turbo Transformer because it has the same connections but also has bluetooth capabilities without paying extra.

I honestly do not think a piggyback should cost more than $200, that is just a senseless mark up (in my most humble opinion). Anything at the $400 price tag and you can potentially get a flash tune but that was not a viable option for me (just yet). I think the TT will also give you a full refund if you don't like it - you may want to check with them again since it has been a while since I bought mine.

Apparently mike@x-ph is selling Turbo Transformer chips for $135, standard bluetooth and free app. Get it, you will not regret it.

WISHLIST: BM3, HPFP, Turbo + IC + water ... new car eventually

Last edited by wifes first bimmer; 11-28-2020 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: poor language
Appreciate 1