View Single Post
      11-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #316
locknloada94
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW M5 Competition

Some additional pics for you guys. So here's a good question. Everyone who reviews the car particularly on YouTube talks about the OPF filter and how that makes the car sound like a dyson, no more cracks, pops and bangs. Doing more research, it looks like it's not the OPF but rather the tune the m5 has coming out of the factory to meet EU noise restrictions. My question is did they do this to the American cars or only cars for the EU market. I've really been trying to follow the break in so haven't pushed it at all since I may buy the car after my lease ends. The little I've pushed it sounds like there may be some bangs and pops but hard to tell how much of that is getting artificially pumped into the cabin vs. if that's coming from the exhaust. Really curious about this.

Man it's crazy how many NJ M5 LCIs we have. Would be so cool to meet up and do a drive. 2nd week of December could work for me whoever is planning.

Have you guys swapped to winter tires and if so, what are y'all using and thoughts? I have my prirelli stroto 3s on which was my winter tire of choice since Michelin alpins were sold out. Happy with them they're soft, gushy and meaty but good grip. That being said can't wait to put my ps4s back on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0