View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #38
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldpages View Post
I put Xpel Stealth on my matte E63S and the finish is almost identical. I only wrapped the front end to protect it from chips, and in certain light conditions, you can tell a difference between the wrapped and not wrapped panels. Xpel Stealth is a bit more matte vs the factory finish. I'm assuming this would be the same for BMW paints.

If you go for factory frozen paint, I would highly recommend protecting it because it can't be polished or buffed. If you damage it you are looking at a respray. You have to consider the cost of getting frozen paint plus Xpel Stealth which isn't cheap. Full car Xpel from a reputable place is around $6k.

You can go your route of getting a metallic paint and wrapping it Xpel Stealth, and the finish would be similar but not identical. Keep in mind that they will have to take apart a good amount of your car to get all the edges probably wrapped as you don't want any shiny metallic areas to stick out. There are some folks on here who did it, and the results are nice. Will try to find some and edit here.

Edit: It's a Mercedes metallic black, but you'll get the idea: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...63s-coupe.html
Thanks! That's a beautiful MB and it looks incredibly cool (although it would look better on a BMW)
Appreciate 0